Sunday, April 17, 2011

You can skip this one,

It's just for me.

I have always found the cattleman's behind to be  a thing of beautiful engineering and a symbol of his inner health and power.  He's always had one of those athletic bottoms that bring a smile to my face. One of those bottoms that when he is walking you can see the definition and every muscle work in concert together. Yeah one of those "one in a million" perfect bottoms of a fit and muscular man.

Men lots of women are into man butts, yes we are, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Just over two weeks ago the Cattleman came home from work and went straight to bed, no dinner (or breakfast as he works nights lately) Got up, took his food and off to work again. This pattern repeats it's self for about a week during which he gets a wee cough, that quickly upgrades to a serious cough, which quickly upgrades to coughing up blood. This is very bad and he is a very bad Cattleman to hide such a thing from GL and try to continue working all the while feeling like a bag of mashed manure. His feeling is he has always been healthy and able to get over everything so why would this little hitch be any different? If you ignore something long enough it will go away....men are weird and need a good kick in the bottom sometimes.

Lets try to long story shorten it about here shall we? I found out what he is hiding from me, grabbed his fine behind and took him to see his doctor, thank you, thank you, thank you,  family doctor who saw him as soon as I mention the blood. He has one of the following three things, Pneumonia (had it a while by the docs estimation, on some super serious antibiotics) that new fangled T.B. that's all the rage again, Probably not but sent for tests on Thursday and Friday and the big C. Probably not as he has not smoked in over twenty six years.  Except for tests and doctor visits this man has not been out of been able to stay awake, no appetite, no energy.

Back to my love of the Cattleman's bottom. I saw it Friday, I mean I really had a good look at it assisting him from the shower back to bed and what I witnessed, it scared the bejabbers out of me. All definition, all musculature is gone. How the hell does that happen in a two or three weeks? How does one's body deteriorate so fast in such a short time frame. Dumbass letting this go, I could kick him in his dumbass and not feel the least bit sorry about it.

I think for the first time I am actually contemplated a possible future without my rock, my partner in thought crime, the love of my life. I have no wish to do this, no interest in raising all these children myself, (It has made me realize I do need a more solid plan b, the cattleman and I have taken care of things financially but is that enough? sucks but there it is) so once he is over this little road bump I am whipping him, really US, back into shape. No more Mrs. nice GL nope not me. Drill Sargent GL, hyper picky dietitian GL is what it's gonna be...once he gets better he's gonna wish he was back in the sick bed I tell ya.

1 comment:

WolfSong said...

Grey Lady,

I don't know if you believe in prayer...heck I ain't one of those Christian girls myself, being a just a lil ol earth witch...but I'm praying with all my heart that your CattleMan is going to be fine, that the sickness *is* pneumonia, that he will come through with flying colors.

The worst part about men and being sick is they don't tell us women because they don't want to worry us. Silly men. Once he's healthied up again, you kick his bottom good for making you worry so much! ;)