Monday, April 25, 2011

Creeping Facebook...

Here is a great summer job to have folks. Creeping facebook for Police agencies.

Pays pretty good to according to one of my nieces who was at an interview and has friends who work there already.

Her job, should she chose  to accept it, will be to creep facebook alllll day long to check for dumb bunnies who post their illegal activities on facebook. From the big stuff all the way down , who's growing pot in the garden, fights/assaults on  videos and photos of drug use, to illegal "raves" & "Bush Parties", log it  (depending on severity or time sensitivity of info, perhaps even notify a supervisor) screen catch it and it will be forwarded to the proper agency. Sweet job eh?

But most folks only let their friends access I retorted.

Well (she replied) it is not hard to set up fake profiles and get  folks to accept ya, everybody accepts just about everybody especially if you put the same school or play the same games or get ther friends to accept you. Most folks are stupid and naive.

Well how do you know who to creep?

Search engine: Facebook. keywords of criminal activity. But really once you get a "live one" the trail from one friend to the other can keep you rather busy. Apparently you get regulars after a while that you use to find others.

Disgusting.... Facebook is not your friend.

7 comments:

WolfSong said...

Y'Know, I don't really have a problem with this whole idea.

Seriously, if people are stupid enough to post and brag about their illegal activities...and if they are stupid enough to "friend" people they don't know, well, it seems to be a "let nature take it's course" kinda thing, to me.

Seems to me if people want to keep their illegal activities out of sight of the po-po, then they oughta use some discretion when bragging, and friending, otherwise the bragging could come 'round and bite 'em in the ass.

WolfSong said...

Did I just carbon date myself as "old" calling the police the "po-po"?!? LOL!

The Grey Lady said...

Po-Po? Lots of folks use that phrase, not to worry....seriously. :O)

I can see your point. Stupid is as stupid does.

However, I have serious issue with the types of crimes she was supposed to report. Who really cares if someone is growing a few pot plants in their garden? ( And no I do NOT grow the mighty weed myself) Who needs to be charged for having a bush party? just because the government doesn't get their extra cut of the alcohol sales. I happen to think real crimes might actually be occurring.


There are waaaaay to many activities that are considered illegal in our over regulated lives. It's about control.

MONSTER said...

I see it now. I never bothered with Facebook till I re-met The Lady. She got me to set up an account. I`ve had one of my trucks parked on the street in front of the shack for a week in violation of the 72 hour rule (waiting for the shop to pick it up, trannie`s gone).a police car drove down the road the other day. I can`t believe it. The Lady set me up:).

The Grey Lady said...

There is a 72 hour rule?????

:O) yup we ladies are evvvvvvvil like that don't cha know.

MONSTER said...

Ya in E-Town if you leave a vehicle parked on the street for more than 72 hours if some one complains they will chalk your tire and put a sticker on the window to tell you to move it. No one that I know pays attention to it and the neighbors and myself dont give it much mind . It`s more to get rid of abandoned hulks then just parking. Out on the chunck of land I plan to have a large field of hulks.Unless The Lady says different.There are times when you fairer members can be such a buzz kill.

The Grey Lady said...

Nesting can be the nature of us lady beasts. Having old cars rotting in the grass tends to make ME feel like the nest is junky/ a mess/ Wrong somehow . The cattleman has his first car sitting in the "field of the dead" back at the family homestead. Why? I have no clue...except some of the men in the family think some of those just might turn into classics one day or something like that. Men are weird.