Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lord Love a duck!!!!!!!

To think one day you could well have a grand-baby bouncing on your knee and you can bore them with tales like this one: Sonny/Sweetling I can remember waaaay back in 2011 when gas was just 1.29 per liter or 4.88 per gallon. Those were the days eh?

Sheesh that hurts, but there is NO inflation eh? That's the good news.

I remember when I was a wee one in Montreal, my Dad would  pass a gas station because they were charging 45 CENTS a gallon. (high way robbery according to him and they did a lousy job on the windows and were lazy with the oil level checks) Yup kiddies we used to measure in gallons..I would ride in the front seat at three, no seat belts with my Dad sipping a rum and coke or beer, chain smoking right beside me.(All perfectly legal and socially acceptable at the time ). and I am old enough to remember that.. My Dad was a funny guy, he filled up his half empty gas tank when it was 40 cents a liter and then never let it drop below half a tank again, never once in his whole life. Incredible inner discipline and I have always wondered how much energy does it take to be that anal? Over gas levels in your car? He would chuckle and talk about how years later he still had a half tank  of 40 cent/liter gas ..like he was sticking it to the government and oil companies or something.......like he was a financial genius or something...apart from that he was a genius.

Miss you Daddy.

No comments: