Sunday, March 27, 2011

There ought to be laaaww bout that.

I think chocolate is a food group, a very specialized food group from which I particularly  like to dip into when I'm...um...er....moody...cross..Bitc ... hormonal...stressed ..nope none of those words capture the essence ..here we go.."not quite myself". Yeah I like that turn of phrase much better.

Noticing I was "not quite like my self", the Cattleman, with impeccable instincts for self preservation, went out in an attempt to purchase me my favorite sedative...Ice cream.  Haagen Dazs's Triple Chocolate  to be exact. What makes Haagen Dazs's Triple Chocolate so special you ask? Well good question, it is so fine, so fine, it blows my taste buds to a state of such utter pleasure that endorphins are released in the multitudes. Tranquility and contentment is almost instantaneous. In other words Haagen Dazs's Triple Chocolate is my prozac of choice.

As the name implies there are three, count em three different chocolates to be found in this wee two cup bucket. Chocolate Ice cream, made with (I'm sure) the finest of cream, chocolate fudge genache ribbons intertwining it's way throughout  the cream, with chuncks of chocolate truffles generously sprinkled among the rivers of chocolate genache. Heaven in a pint for a chocoholic don't cha know. The best way to eat said HD is to insert into microwave for 30 seconds on High, take out, insert spoon and proceed to eat resulting goop. Sigh with pleasure..... become a more centered, more balanced "your self" again.

You may wonder how ingesting something that has 330 calories per half cup,  68% of your daily requirement of fats, 32% of DI of cholesteral,  and  9 grams of sugar, with a minimal nod to your DI of fiber (Fiber shhhhmiber, I'm sure that is sooo over rated) no traces of vitamins or minerals and hardly even rates a mention for calcium DI....just catching my breath here...you may wonder how that rates as good for you? The secret is so simple it is beautiful.

It's made from ALL NATURAL products. How can that be bad? It can't!!!!!..... ALL NATURAL is good. It's the best, so we have all been told. I chose to believe it in this case...It's ALL NATURAL so it is ALL GOOD! Brilliant!!

Oh yeah.... last we saw the  Cattleman he had gone out to get me some (along with other stuff of course), unfortunately he came back ice creamless.

Umm they didn't have any of your ice cream there.

Thats odd they know I always buy it, I guess they just ran out.

No biggie deal right? Like a duck, it just rolls off.  Fast forward to me going groceries today in the big city, they will have it for sure. They have all that premade stuff coming out their ying yang freezers. But they don't. It's a conspiracy I tells ya, a conspiracy. So I decide to talk to the guy who is stocking the freezer aisle. After pleasantries I get to my point and I ask him what's up with the no Triple Chocolate Haagen Dazs. He replies: I'm not sure about that flavour but they have discontinued a few to make room for new ones. I gasped for Air. New flavours? Discontinued? What???? Sensing my discomfort with this news he decides to "go check" with a manager, could I wait for minute? OOOOh .K. I can wait.


It's official my love for triple chocolate Haagen Dazs is over, it is goooone, never to return. Who needs it anyway? All that cholesterol (even if it's the good cholesterol which I highly doubt) , all that fat, all those calories, all that taste in just one half cup of pleasure.Which makes me wonder: who can eat just a half cup anyway? Who are they kidding with that serving portion? Who alive could make that little wee container go FOUR count em four sittings? Not me, Gandhi couldn't have stopped at a half cup for crying out loud.

One thing is for sure I will NOT be replacing my now discontinued  ice cream for any of the "new" la-tee-da flavours, no sir, not gonna happen, Grey is gonna keep her dignity about this. I'll just do more Yoga to achieve my center, yeah that's it, more yoga or something...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when Im desperate a big spoonful of Nutella. Zookeeper

The Grey Lady said...

Thanks for the tip Zoo Keeper, I have been making do with popping a few chocolate chips out of my baking supplies....

WolfSong said...

Grey Lady, you may just have to make your own ice cream, with all that chocolate in it. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL that was funny. reminds me of the time I realized that Michelina's discontinued their frozen shells n cheese w/jalepeno bits. It was pure junk but I LOVED it. Sometimes, I make my own shells and cheese and put jalepeno bits in, but it's not the same.

Sigh. But surely they wouldn't discontinue a standby like triple chocolate.

The Grey Lady said...

WolfSong,

I currently bake bread, most baked goods really,can jams and jellies, salsa, pasta sauces, play with the idea making my own pasta but honestly I have never really considered making my own Ice cream. I'm not sure I would get the same pampered high out of it and also I have the feeling that if my family realized this could be done I would be chained to the machine all summer. But I think I just might look into what one of those might cost,or look around garage sales this spring. But ya know once I start making something from scratch I can't help myself from trying to make it as healthy as possible...Oh wait... I almost forgot I will just use ALL NATURAL ingredients........Brilliant suggestion WolfSong!!!!!!!

The Grey Lady said...

No One,

I remember when Michelinas first came out in my area. They sold frozen food cheap and delicious. They also discontinued a meal that my Hubby liked to munch on when he came home from working the night shift. why? I have no clue. Dumb corporate decisions...grumble grumble...but you are right it is all JUNK food(Sooooo much salt in frozen premade food!) and we should be happy to say good residence to delicious rubbish.

MONSTER said...

I`ve always been strange with choclate. Only eat it in the winter. The folks at work would predict how cold the winter was gonna be by the size of the stash I would lay in once the weather turned. Come spring I won`t hardly touch it again till the next snow.

The Grey Lady said...

Good morning Monster,

I notice the same pattern to some degree. I tend to eat more in the winter. However I have been known to buy a large bar of pure chocolate, stuff it in a freezer, pull it out and just pop a square in my mouth. No Biting, just let it melt slowly. Not only does it take care of the craving it is also refreshing. :O)

Nice to know chocolate is not just a girl thing.