Thursday, March 3, 2011

Me: Just another paranoid anti-gov nut job

No problem with the State knowing your religion right?Maybe not so much...

I have long maintained it is absolutely no business of the Government's what anybody's religious affiliation is.

I took flack for that and my supposedly selfish refusal to complete the long form census. I never put in writing what in time could become (given the flitty nature of govern-mental whimsy) de trop.

Heh ......... regarde SVP.

LONDON — A British court ruled that a couple cannot keep foster children because they are morally opposed to homosexuality because of their faith.

In the ruling February 28 the justices ruled that homosexual rights “should take precedence” over the rights of religious beliefs. The Judges stated that Christian beliefs on sexual ethics may be ‘inimical’ to children, and they implicitly upheld an Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) submission that children risk being ‘infected’ by Christian moral beliefs.



And


“The Johns are a mild mannered, ordinary Christian couple, yet they may never be able to foster children again. They were willing to love a child regardless of sexual orientation, but not willing to tell a young child that practicing homosexuality was a positive thing,”


It has begun.

For the slooooooooooooow or comprehension deficient, this post is NOT about fostering nor is it about the child protection industry. I myself have absolutely no problem with homosexuals fostering and or adopting from within the system. I do have  HUGE problems with the system, but that is whole new Gordian knot to will be left for a different day. Just to be clear....

4 comments:

WolfSong said...

I seem to lose my census forms every time they come...and strangely, when they show up at the door-yes, I have census people come to my door!-I'm just the baby sitter-for 27 cats-not the home owner, so no, sorry, I can't answer your questions. :)

The Grey Lady said...

Wow talk about personalized service you had someone come to your door? I had some goof call me on the phone!

They were "concerned" that my long form was not returned. (kinda blows that whole theory that they will NOT trace it back to you and that your answers are forever anonymous. )I was appalled that they thought I would be ready to "chat" with them on the phone, they could be any one asking these questions, they thought they would make it easy peasy and they would just write down my answers....Yeah like that was gonna happen.

I tell them how many folks are in the house at the time I fill out the census.

They kindly informed me that I could be fined or go to jail for refusing to answer their intrusive questions. I laughed at them and told them how many kids I had and I was just thinking I could use a free vaycay...send the coppers over right now then cause I'm ready.

Never heard from them again....

WolfSong said...

We did get a call first and I'm sure the visit was prompted by Hubby's insistence that he spoke no language that the caller did. Hubby switched back and forth from mangled Spanish, to German, and ended up with gibberish.

I realize the census people are doing their job, but I find it intrusive, and hack, it's just fun messing with them!

The Grey Lady said...

Yes it is very fun messing with them!