Friday, March 11, 2011

This could be Heaven or this could be

Hell.

We are down to counting the number of sleeps on our hands until my Breakfast club kids go home. I worry that we have done enough for them and that their treatment will continue when they are returned. I worry period, they are going back to Africa for crying out loud, not exactly stability central, where they are a minority, a very persecuted minority...I worry indeed.

I look forward to having my home back, more privacy, if there is such an animal in a home with all these folks that live here. At the very least we will be free of government intrusiveness, drop ins and what nots,  whose job it is to make sure the kids are being well taken care of. I know......seems crazy....but it is the price we gotta pay.

One of my own children is already showing signs that they are going to have a very difficult time when the kids leave. Friends ships made, bonds forged, siblings assimilated really, never to be seen again.

I think we may have to take a wee break or perhaps even stop. It is wonderful to be of service to children in need, but my family has to come first and right now I see a child grieving and it hasn't even really started or hit home yet.  I guess they were too young on the previous occasions or maybe they just hit their limit of loss that they are willing to make with their limited understanding. We shall see...... Sigh.....you just never know how things  are going to work out do you?

All I know for sure is that part of me will be dancing to have my family, my time and my home to myself  and the other part? Will be on a plane, in the pocket of three little ones that stole pieces of each of us.

2 comments:

MONSTER said...

You are a very caring person. God bless you.

The Grey Lady said...

Thank you for your kind words Monster, I think most people are caring and giving, we just all have our individual ways of doing it.