Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ouch!

Parenting is not a popularity race, I have to keep reminding myself that I need to let them go and let the cosmos work on some of my adult (ish) children.

It is very hard to watch them make mistakes that can have lifelong repercussions.  I still have to force myself  let go and let them make those mistakes. But I don't want to........she says stamping her little size five feet.

No Grey to the rescue, no Cattleman to the rescue, no interfering...Ouch this is against my basic controlling nature, it's killing me inside..but my hands, not my heart are now off. Sink or swim my child,  we will always  love ya.....

2 comments:

WolfSong said...

They are our babies forever, and it's tough to remind ourselves to let them make mistakes.

My daughter is 10 now, and I tell her that she's going to make mistakes in her life, and that I may not always be willing to help clean up any messes from those mistakes...but I will always be there to dry her tears, and boot her in the ass when she's ready for it. ;)

She just laughs and rolls her eyes and gives me the "oh Mom!" comment.

The Grey Lady said...

all those things we do for our kids when they are young and helpless are the easiest things we will ever do. I think the hardest part is letting go and allowing them to be themselves warts and all. I realllllllly suck at.