Monday, May 30, 2011

Happenins......

Very busy weekend around here.

Number One son, the car mechanic, came over yesterday to tune up our vehicles, change some tires from winter to summer, replace the Cattleman's brakes. He of course brought his 5 year lady love with for dinner and they announced:  Finally he proposed to her and he is going to make an honest woman of her next summer. Great news!  We love her and can't wait to see her officially become part of the family. Not that there was ever any question of her qualifications on acceptance in this crazy family, her family is, dare I say, even weirder (to us) then we are, still she is a gem.

Number two son, the one I used to stay up at night and worry about has made giant leaps in maturity (losing the woman of your dreams because you act like a dickhead periodically can do that don't cha know) has started a business and already he has folks standing in line looking to get him to work for them. He is definitely one of those types that has issues taking orders from others and needs to be the boss. I wonder where he gets that from she asks innocently......I am so proud of his complete turn around the last 6 months.

Oldest daughter found out she is walking in her mother's footsteps and having Irish twins. Don't know what Irish twins are? Irish twins are when you have two babies in the space of one year. Apparently we of Irish ( yes I know I usually tout my crazy Welsh side but me Da was Irish) lineage are famous for this....I think I will have a serious talk with her about how their method of birth control does not actually work for them and need to reconsider other methods...Ya think? Still not super excited by Senor Super Sperm, but then I'm not the one he has to please.  I still maintain that if he was just a friend of one of my boys I would be like him just fine...still a boy, not yet a man.....I know the Cattleman is still hoping that SSS will fall off the face of the planet if he ignores him long enough, better to revise that strategy honey! Apparently not gonna happen.   :O)

No comments: