Monday, May 30, 2011

A day to celebrate.

Today the Cattleman started back on days.

All the children had someplace to be and I, wonder of wonders, had HOURS all to myself. It was tres strange and tres wonderful. I thought about all the house work I could get done with no little feet underneath, all the laundry I could get finished, the sewing pile, the baking, the bread, the cooking, the everything that was waiting for me.

I did none of it.

I feel so deliciously decadent, I took a bath with out a single interruption, even brought a book in with me while Calgon took me way. I toweled  off and then hopped into the van and drove to the "bestest" chip wagon (with in twenty or so miles) and ate greasy fries with malt vinegar and sea salt. I got to eat allllll I wanted, while it was still hot, can you imagine, and didn't share a single one, not even with the dogs. When the phone rang I *gasp* chose not to answer it. Did you know that was even an option???? Who knew that?


 I feel great......I hope you all had a great day today too...tomorrow back to the real world and I'm ok with that.

4 comments:

WolfSong said...

Oh those days of luxury! So wonderful when they happen. A nice re-charge for the personal batteries. ;)

The Grey Lady said...

It has been years since I had one of those days. I really enjoyed myself. But I can honestly say I don't know think I could do it on a consistent basis.

MONSTER said...

Hope there was some getting dressed in between the toweling off and hopping in the van.

The Grey Lady said...

I wonder, seems to me that my bag of fries was over filled........