Saturday, May 21, 2011

My old Welsh Granny used to say

If you don't have anything nice to say......keep it behind your teeth.

Now that is sage advice for navigating at the office or a family get together. But when it comes to blogging? Ummmmm not so much.  Apparently that leaves with Grey (that would be moi) not much to write about.

This past week or so has been a self imposed test of my blogging broadcasting system. Dang.............. I'm a negative Nellie...who knew? You did?

Well I tried and I kept to it and I this post is not a betrayal of that mission;

I'm at the lake, sitting in my very own easy bake oven, ( our summer place) in shorts, after 12 days straight of cold ( 13/15 degree days) Rain rain rain rain rain and then some more grey cold days of rain. The sun shone, the kids were able to play at the water's edge, we hiked on forest's paths, we felt the warmth and joy of sunshine on our faces. It is miraculous, wonderful, beautiful, perfect day. Yes there are lots of black flies and scitters nibbling on our noses, but it was not Jack frost and I'm good with that. :O)

Praise the Lord and pass the Calamine....Let the fun  living outdoors begin!

I have pictures, but no USB cable for the camera with me....Oh and that self imposed silence of the cranky? Over, I am what I am...and frankly, I'm good with that too.

5 comments:

MONSTER said...

You get the lake and I get the smoke from the forest fires up at a construction camp north of Fort Mac. Where is the justice in the world.if all it takes to get time off is to be civil, well than call me Little Monster sun shine.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back and enjoying your camp.The ice cream called Death by Choclate cures my crankys. Zookeeper

The Grey Lady said...

Good morning folks.

Zookeeper who makes death by chocolate? Ben and Jerry's? I may have to try it as I have not replaced my haagen Daz ( I'm pretty sure I never spell that the same twice.) I seem to have lost a few pounds in the process to. :O)

On hot days I grab a piece of frozen chocolate and suck on it till it disappears....I don't eat a lot of it, but it works. For some reason I only do that when I am camping, I wonder why it is am so stuck in these place specific rituals.

Little Monster Sun Shine.

My daughter had a friend just get to Slave Lake for work about a week before the fires hit. He has been keeping us updated on his face book. I hope everyone is well in your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

Sorry It took so long to get the name had a brain -art and had to go to store and get a refill [smile]. Producers Dairy ,Death by Choclate. Zookeeper

The Grey Lady said...

Thank you Zookeeper!

:O)