Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why you dirty rat.

Since time began my critters have always fallen asleep to the humming of my sewing machine. I sew just about everything, except pants, I suck at pants, I hate pants, what I am good at is quilting, what I love is quilting. Hmmmm I wonder of there is some sort of a connection there.

This summer has been a wee bit different as we have been settling into our new own easy bake oven. (Summer trailer at the lake). The Cattleman has been working hard, built us a 12 by 36 foot deck, platforms of our outdoor shower. (don't want all those sandy feet and derrières traipsing thru my new trailer now). The platform for the out door fridge and the one for the BBQ. Even threw on a add a room sized 11 feet by 23 feet. A beautiful place he is building us and all with his sweat equity and best of all paid for cash on the barrel head, not a drop of it on credit. So we/he have been busy, him building, me keeping the critters out of what is left of his hair, and then there is this mobile internet stick thingy that I  have that seems to suck up my "quiet time" attention at times.

 I make a quilt for each and every new addition to the family, nieces, nephews, my own critters too. So here I am about to be a  GRANNY,  no that can not be right, oh here this works, Mamma of a child that is about to be Mamma.  Anyway here I was sitting with this quilt dancing in my head, AH HA! Off to check the until now ignored quilting equipment, material, sketch pad to inventory what I have stored in the space under our bed and get started. 

And what to my wondering  eyes do appear?  But one miniature rat and eighty thousand poops dear.........

He (sorry guys but it has to be male I am so PO'd at it) has chewed the be jabbers out of my batting:

Photobucket

Pooped and fiddled with a finished quilt top and chewed up other material.

Photobucket

And made a nest in a bag with a pair of shoes, cozy retreat non? Apparently mice poop where they sleep. Where we sleep.

Photobucket

WThoodles? I have ripped this place apart and there is absolutely no sign, I repeat, no sign of a mousey squatter anywhere else in my very own easy bake oven. No where. It must be going out to eat.....

But this does explain why Bear and Lola would periodically wake us with general growling and unease. I guess I will have to bring up my CSI type light that makes biological stains glow in the dark to make sure I have it all clean and right again..  Carpet cleaner, bio enzyme cleaner, you name it I will implement it.

You know this means WAR don't you.......I will discombobulate this little squatter. Mouse in my little tin house? I don't think so....

No comments: