Thursday, July 15, 2010

That was one fantastic

magical evening!

What isn't fantastic are the perfectly lousy pictures still sitting in my cell phone, for want of a specific USB cable, apparently the only cable that my collective family and friends do NOT own. (I didn't feel like having my camera taken at point of entry.) The great pictures that a friend took that they still haven't emailed me. (She deposited her big camera in her monstrous cleavage just prior to point of entry. Hmmmmm somehow that sounds kinda dirty) So I am going to use a picture from the newspaper review. I'm sure they won't mind.....

The Cattleman, myself and assorted Friends made up a group of about ten among the 35 thousand folks who made their way to Ottawa to watch Carlos Santana wail away with his guitar last night. It was a perfect evening, weather co-operated, not to hot to dance on the grass from beginning to end. He was wonderful, his band was fantastic, Lou Diamond Phillips still looks as beautiful as ever. Almost all the folks around us were great, there to have fun, no mischief or out of handers were to be had.

These are the things I learned last night.

It was obvious that some of the the more nostalgic semi- geriatric crowd scored some Ghanga off the grandkids because there was a lot more coughing then smooth inhale from some very rusty tokers. It was kinda comical actually and added to the fun of the evening. :O)

The odds of being stepped on by elephant foot sized guys is increased depending on what they are carrying in their hands. If it is beer or alcohol they are too busy looking at it sloshing around, wouldn't want a drop to fall now would we? If they are carrying a duffel bag, two folding chairs and holding a lady's hand while guiding her? They never step on you......


Contrary to all current wisdom on the matter, I didn't mind the crowds at all. Curious that, I just hated the  actual car ride, most folks suck in my estimation, as drivers in the city.

I don't hate the city....to visit.

This old married couple can still bust a move and keep it going, we have staying power.

Never forget how small the world is, I meet someone I had lost touch with about 10 years and it was like putting on an old favorite sweater. Cool.

I owe many thanks to the goddess of the cast iron bladder. There was no way I was getting any where near those porta potties unless  death due to self induced drowning was immanent. Later it became apparent that even if I was desperate there was no way I was going to get with in 100 deep of those things it was so packed with people. Never even came close, never had to break stride, never even crossed my mind once Carlos hit the stage.

So many blessing be upon you Oh Goddess of the Cast Iron Bladder, you capped off my perfect Santana Night .

Oh yeah the pics that are NOT my pics. :)



Here is Carlos:

Carlos Santana Ottawa 2010



And here I am, among the throng:

Santana crowd Ottawa 2010

Yeah the one in the back waving the umbrella.

No comments: