Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Detective GL and C are on the case

After taking everything out of the mouses den, the storage area under our bed we found where the @&^* mouse was coming in from.

The water pump housing is under there too. If you crank your head side ways way over to the far left corner you can see the ground from a spot where the spray foam insulation was removed by the @&^* in question. So steel wool has been packed into it and when next we go into town we will get some spray foam or caulking to pour over top to solidify the  barrier and close up his entrance way permanently.

I took pictures but I can't seem to get enough light in that awkward spot under the bed to make it visible.

 Again I went thru every cupboard, nook and cranny of this place and there is NO evidence of our mousey visitor to be found elsewhere. Could it be that it was afraid of my dogs, my children perhaps and just kept to this one safe place? I have no clue.

I laid out all of my equipment outside, washed it as best can be and inspected it for damages. Throwing away some fabric, going to be able to salvage my quilt tops with just good washings, no chew holes there thank goodness. Those are the quilts tops I managed to make this past winter and had plans of putting them together , finishing them off. I was lucky I lost nothing of value in regards to artistic value or time equity. Lucky indeed.

After vacuuming and shampooing ( Carpet cleaner scored from a neighbour!) the area, I feel fine about using the same spot for my sewing equipment and quilting items.

The cattleman has managed to score some traps from neighbours but hopefully we have convinced this little guy ( notice it is still male?) that this is not a safe place to be living if continued living is it's primary goal.

No comments: