Monday, October 18, 2010

Lice, why'd it have to be lice

I hate lice..

So I have been working the de-licing (or is it de-lousing?) assembly line and oddly enough every time I think of lice it reminds me of one Jimmy Hendrix.  I once read in an biography that when he died he had 52 different species of lice residing in his hair....Ewwwww. I can't  tell ya anything else about that book, the name of author or the  title, but I will never forget those dang 52 species of lice. So I was nit picking , combing, shampooing  away while rocking it out Hendrix in my mind.

I have to go do my own hair now, something about being around a bunch of heads full of lice makes my head itch, real or imagined I'm taking care of business. Wonder how many varieties of lice he had when he played this?

2 comments:

KGould said...

ewww no fun. I had to shave my daughter's head a few years ago because we ended up with a very resistant kind and she missed too much school so bzzzzzzz off went the hair. All of it. It was a sad day but after spending more than a week nitpicking and creme rinsing and combing, only to find more adults and nits the next day, I threw in the towel. Now I spray the kids with water and tea tree oil every single day to try to keep them at bay. Good luck! I don't envy you. And yes, I am itching too!

The Grey Lady said...

Something about the mere suggestion of the little rascals has most folks a itching. I've had to shave a head or two in my day too, so far those were "just boys", can't imagine that the girls would be too thrilled.....fingers crossed.