Thursday, June 10, 2010

A letter for Helen

Dear Helen Thomas,


I watched on video, with great interest, your suggestion that Jews get the hell out of Palestine and go back to Poland.

I'm actually going to be taking you up on your suggestion next week. I'm not really going "back" to Poland because I've never been there before. But all of my grandparents were born there.

They were lucky enough to get out of Poland and into Canada, but everyone who stayed in Poland ended up in ovens, or burned alive in a barn in southeastern Poland-I assume you have heard of Jedwabne.

I wrote about it a little while ago. In Jedwabne, the Jews were rounded up-men, women and children and put into a barn.

The barn was set on fire and the Jews were burned alive.

The Poles didn't like the sound of the screams, so they played music outside the barn to drown out the sounds.

For many years, the Poles blamed the Nazis for this atrocity. However, in recent years, the Poles have come clean. They burned their neighbours alive because they were Jews.
Read on.

No comments: