Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Holly Cow Did I ever feel that......

Having a quiet moment all to my self, this is a rare moment indeed, this afternoon and all of a sudden this rumbling sound coupled with a slight vibrating motion...waves of increasing intensifying movement to a receding in intensity. Holy Cow I have felt our version of earth quakes before, but never one that has gone on for over a minute or become so strong. The whole house shook and it seemed that the walls were doing a wee bit of a dance. No apparent damage that I can see.

Heh...both of man's best friend merely lifted their heads from their naps. Not even a bark to be heard....Oh well carry on then.

Update: Radio reports it was a 5.7, the center about 50 clicks from me, (I think it is anyway )just about the strongest we have had in this area in a very long time.

Brought this song to mind.



I know it doesn't exactly fit, but it works for me O.K. ?

2 comments:

KGould said...

I just heard about it when I got home from work! Scary! You keep your earthquakes and I guess we will keep our floods...

The Grey Lady said...

The quake was over pretty fast, no apparent damages here but up in Quebec (Gracefeild), close to where the cattleman is from, the church roof collapsed and so did a bridge. I guess we will need to take a look around some property we still own up in the Gatineaus or call some one to do a walk about. As for the wet? I have a friend in Nashville, which took on a bit of water, if what he said is reality? I certainly could live with out the flood thing too. Mother nature can be a rough lady sometimes. I think I will try to stay on her good side thank you very much. Now if only I knew how to do that.....