Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Because every man is a unique gift

something like a snowflake:

The Cattleman has gotten the call, they have the results of his scans, he goes tomorrow to hear the "news".


A conversation at our fire pit last night.

Cattleman: Ya know....I'm proud of what we have built.

Grey's head snaps up and turns (that would be me) and with a 'tude in  my tone I ask: What do you mean by that? Does that mean you are ready to roll over for whatever news you get Wednesday?

Cattleman: Hell NO just wanted you to know that I have no regrets.

Grey (still moi): No regrets that is just fine, you sure that's all it means?

Cattleman: Yup just wanted you to know.

Grey: Well baby, that is just about the sweetest thing you have ever said to me. But ya know if it was the other thing I would have kicked you till you bled....


4 comments:

WolfSong said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all that it's good news...or in the very least, an answer to what's been going on. Not know is one of the worst things, because you just don't know what/how to deal with it. Knowing gives you something to fight. Still, good news would be better, and thats what I'm hoping for, for y'all.

The Grey Lady said...

Thank you WolfSong,

He has steadily gotten better over the last 5 months. It has been slow but sure, I see signs of improvement all the time.

We have confidence that all will be fine. But YES not knowing and having things left up in the air is the imaginary killer isn't it...

Anonymous said...

Ill be praying for you and yours. The rollercoaster ride the Doctors have put you on isnt easy. If you need to talk write me you have my email. Zookeeper

The Grey Lady said...

Thank you Zookeeper,