Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mommy Tips from gwyneth of oblivia

Gwyneth Paltrow gives us lowly Mommies the wisdom of her experience and tips on making it all work.




I've compiled some of the most helpful advice here. Real moms should adopt these tips immediately in an effort to better manage their schedules and lead less hectic lives.
  • Have a personal trainer come to your house, preferably on Mondays. This will be great motivation for working out the rest of the week.
I got you beat, I have 8 personal trainers that live in my house, I run, pick up and lift weights from 10 to 45lbs in steady repetition on a consistent basis daily.
. 
  • Have a weekly blow-out. This means that you don't need to wash your hair each day and can save time in the morning.
Wash my hair every morning????????? Doesn't that make your hair fall out or something?????? That can't be healthy. Ponytails hide all Manner of hair sins, even roots, but oddly not the greys,.

  • Get an amazing assistant.
I have an amazing assistant, but he goes out everyday and works his behind off in order to feed, provide for my personal Trainers and keep me in expensive shampoos , elegant exfoliates, scrubs and body washes, we call it Irish spring or dove or lever 2000.. 

  • Condense your spa appointments. For example, JB has a salon she goes to at the end of the day to have a facial, manicure, and pedicure at the EXACT same time. She's in and out in 70 minutes.
What's a spa? Soap, water (non-bottled, non-imported, non-carbonated), a loofah and nail clippers, squeezed in between shouts of "Mommy? Where are you" and " Billy fell down the well again".  It's all good.

  • Get seven hours of uninterrupted sleep a night.
I don't have any idea what Seven hours of sleep looks like let alone stringing them together. Nor do any of my friends who have a "normal" number of children. For me, I think it last happened back in 19 and 90 something

  • Get a fishmonger who delivers. This way you can always have fish in the house and can be prepared in case you need to whip up a quick fish dinner.
Someone delivers Captain hi-liner and frozen french fries? Cool, gonna look into that. I just buy food at a grocery store and put it in this weird thing called a FREEZER or refrigerator.  Why did you have to ruin things and use the F word? Every landlocked Mamma on the planet knows that no self respecting person under 4 feet will eat the F word. It is NOT fish it is called "special chicken". Just like broccoli is not broccoli, it is called baby trees, parsnips are not parsnips, they are yellow carrots.


2 comments:

KGould said...

haha I always laugh when i see stars or uberrich moms talking about how they 'make it work'. for one, many or most of them can take their children with them to 'the set' when doing tv or movies or theatre. Most real world women cannot do that. I actually get to take MY kids to work because all three have attended the daycare I work at lol. I know that is a super bonus to what I do - however I chose to keep my lower paying job instead of working somewhere like A&W or Tim Hortons where I can actually make MORE per hour than I do in daycare lol, in order to keep the kids with me. So I guess it's alittle bit different than making $20 million on a film. But I digress - so many of them live the high life, which is fine, that's what they do, but they think they know what it's like to be a regular parent and the fact is, they just aren't. They can have nannies live in and help so when they need a nice hot bath, the 2 year old is not sticking his fingers under the door every 5 minutes and the older one's dont suddenly need help with homework just as you try to condition your hair, because oh my! They have a nanny AND a tutor lol.

Im sure there are a lot of 'rich' families out there who really do have their children most of the time, do it themselves, but there are many many others who have trainers and cooks and chauffers, body guards (always handy if the phone rings while kiddos are playing outside), nannies, etc. The vast majority of parents in this world do not have any of those things, let alone even one. So -- I'll take mom advice from the crazy hair sticking up mom in the mall dragging a shopping cart and 3 kids behind her instead thanks :)

The Grey Lady said...

Hey Kez,

Uber rich is a nice way to live I am sure. Money is "cushion" in more ways then one. I do not envy what those ladies have, it is their life and they are welcome to it. Would I live exactly the same way I live now if I had that kind of money? I think NOT. Money makes a difference to living period.

You would think that these ladies would understand that MOST folks are not in their position. They must be very insulated from the real world of the average woman, Mom indeed.