Saturday, January 22, 2011

Behold and learn.......

Today is minus 29C. A wee bit too cold to insist the children play out for any great length of  time. Loud is an issue as it is, even with out having a friend over with her children and us all being locked in a house.

A conversation at my dinning table while children are having snack time.

Critter one: Mommy I wish we had a chameleon.

Critter two: Yeah , I want one too!!

Grey: But we do have a chameleon.

Critter one: We do.

Critter three: I never saw it.

Grey: I know, I haven`t seen it since the day we got it.

Critter four: Where did it go

Grey: Last time I saw it was headed downstairs and we never saw it again.

Critter one: Can we go find it

Grey: Knock yourself out. (As I take a sip of tea and wink at my friend.)

All manner of little people scamper off to find the missing chameleon.

Grey`s  friend: You`re evvvvvvvvvvvvvil.....

I know..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love. This.

The Grey Lady said...

No One,
thanks for stopping by and your kind words. I see you got a few mentions on SDA the other day in reader tips. Too bad some freedom thinkers are so "conditional". Meh.....What can you do?

CGHill said...

How long did they keep up the search?

The Grey Lady said...

We got just about a whole hour of relative peace and quiet out of it. :O)


Unfortunately they never found "him". He must have snuck out of the house during the summer or something. Hard to tell with those tricky chameleons.....