Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You have a right to be a victim.

Heh......gotta love it. Someone forgot we do NOT have a castle law, a right to defend one's self or your property even if the gun is unloaded. Guns are like "threatening" or something.

"I yelled at them and said 'Everyone be quiet' and I told my wife to call 911."


He said he watched as his neighbour rounded up three strangers - all of whom looked like adults but turned out to be minors.

With the situation under control, Manzer, shirtless in the minus-13 degree night, went back inside and locked up his gun before heading back out.

He said Mounties arrived on the scene 15 minutes later, took the three youths into custody and confiscated a near-empty liquor bottle.

When a Mountie showed up at his door six days later on Good Friday, Manzer assumed they were coming to take a statement.

Instead, he says he was arrested in front of his wife and kids. Then the Mounties seized his shotgun and hunting rifles.
The neighbour who nabbed the youths was also arrested and told he was being charged with assault. That charge was not approved by the Crown prosecutor's office.
Manzer, who said he was photographed and fingerprinted, has trouble digesting the turn of events.

Question: Why do people still call 911?

2 comments:

KGould said...

Sorry but the day one of my kids is caught trespassing on someone's property will NOT be the day I say my kids were assaulted (unless something totally major happened that would be considered gratuitous violence I suppose). My kid would fear me more than the cops, that's all I can say.

I got 'shot' in the lower leg by a rancher (sulpher pellet) when I was trespassing on his marked property as a teen. It hurt like heck and burned a hole in my jeans and left a bright red burn mark on my skin, but I didn't even tell my parents let alone anyone else cos I knew I was in the wrong. I was also afraid of what my dad would do if he found out his kid was trespassing on private property. He taught me better than that and I would have disappointed him, so I never told him. Just threw away my jeans and hobbled around claiming 'i hurt my ankle' for a day or two lol.

The Grey Lady said...

Hi Kez!

I have to admit like you it was not the thought of the police that kept me in line as a child. It was my family. Not that they were hitters or screamers or anything like that. The thought that my Dad, who was a wonderful person and father, would be disappointed in my behaviour wasn't a fate to be contemplated.