Monday, November 22, 2010

About last night.

I'll start off by saying that I enjoyed last evening very much when I was able to let go of what is happening at home.

Fabulous dinner with  the added bonus that I didn't have prepare it or  clean up after, good friends to share it with and off to see the legend B.B. King. I mean really what could beat that?

B.B. is 85 years old and still a showman, sat all evening in a chair strumming away and his voice does not suffer from oldie feebles. A lot of talk, kibitzing and playing on his age, pretending he forgot riffs, words to songs,  stories from the old days, excellent music. While I enjoyed his back up band, the brass was a bit tooooo brassy up in the nosebleed section where we gratefully sat. Of course he isn't what he used to be, but then who is at 85?

Loved, loved this one:



Note to self:

Next time you have gone weeks with out sleeping thru the night, have worked your rump off getting a nursery ready, haven't had a hot relaxing meal with good company in eons, do not, I repeat DO NOT sit in a dark room listening to excellent music and close your eyes grooving to said music with your man's arm all cozy around your shoulders...apparently that is just asking to...... ummmm.... fall sleep.....I feel shame.


Now to get busy while the Cattleman and Senor Super Sperm have my daughter at the hospital finding out what they find out this early morn.... more fingers crossed.

No comments: