Friday, March 12, 2010

Milking the Taxpayer

Its seems there has been this rash of reports of unregulated breast milk being sold on E-bay. ( I couldn't find any)This is most concerning for lawmakers who are trying to grope for further avenues of taxation and regulation to justify their existence, with full seamless support of the populace of course, under the guise of protecting our most vulnerable, our babies. The trauma of bought, unscreened breast milk is just something that can not be jiggled around with, this is not some rosie come what may matter,  this is a serious issue that needs serious intervention, the peaks and valleys of such a transaction should not go forth in an natural manner, business can not just let it all hang out unfettered, one can't just nip out for this stuff after all, this  requires the  binding of government forces to be seemly, safe and respectable. I am sure this article has presented just the tip of the problems we are could be getting into.

All I can say to that is bully for them for keeping abreast of all new forms of commerce and trying to find away to suck at the teat with every opportunity that presents it's self.

 What a bunch of Tits...er twits.

3 comments:

KGould said...

wow,,, well there is a big market out there for women wanting breast milk. If I had been so inclined, I might have done it myself because when my last child was born 7 weeks premature, my milk dried up unexpectedly at 6 weeks and nothing we tried made it start up again - no meds, no herbal stuff, nothing. I wanted him to have that instead of formula because #1 it's my child and my choice, and #2 he still wasn't even supposed to be born yet at that stage and I reallllllllly wanted him to have breast milk. I thought about going to Lethbridge because a friend told me they had some sort of a milk sharing group there, but in the end I chose not to. If one of my friends was lactating at the time, I prob would have been banging on her door begging for some! But geezus I didn't know that I would have had to ask the govt's permission first and have her milk screened. Boy am I glad I didn't commit such a crime!

The Grey Lady said...

Times sure have changed. I Remember when I had I my first child folks thought I was waaaay too mother earth because I breast feed. Once upon a time if you breast feed it meant you were dirt dog poor and couldn't afford the "best" like formula. :) My third baby was 8 weeks early and she was just too weak and sleepy to get enough milk from the breast. So against my inner voices, (No not those scary inner voices)I turned to bottles and formula. I just couldn't find a good pump that extracted enough milk to satisfy the process. I sure hope they are better then they used to be.

Anonymous said...

I can't use one of those pumps at all. 3 kids and several attempts at many different brands, even spent almost $200 on a super deluxe model from the pharmacy and I was lucky to get an ounce out of that crazy thing - so if I knew someone that had been lactating, I would have at least considered borrowing some lol. I have friends that could fill an 8oz bottle while pumping and I was in awe! Not my body, it closed up shop early with each child. But having the govt tell me what I could and could not do would have irritated the hell out of me. Do they screen mine before I give it to my own child? No (not yet), so what's the big deal if someone chooses that route?

(kez)