Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I will not think about polka dotted elephants thank you.

Here's the thing, we have these two small breed dogs. The first one I was slammed from left field by the family, they had decided they needed a dog again. Mamma not so much, I had the horrible chore of putting the last one down and I didn't relish the idea of "bonding" with another thing that lived such a short lifespan.  I was working on killing two birds with one stone and ruminating about breeding my favorite dog the Newfoundlander as a side line income and keep things "business" like. But sometimes ya just know when you are not going to win and you gotta give in with some semblance of grace and dignity. 

So we got this bruiser that the Cattleman and children picked:

Photobucket


The Cattleman thought it might be cute if we let the kids pick the name, sure that might  be cool.  They named that monster who grew into a massive 8 LBS "Little Bear" after a favorite cartoon character. Oh no! But at least we have been able to drop the little and just call him "Bear". I can live with it, in an odd way the name really suits him  in a gently clumsy way.

Flash forward to about a year later: the Cattleman decides that Bear needs a friend, a mate, another dog to keep him canine company in our house that is over run with humanoids. OK...but he insists that somehow we need to get something that will NOT dominate  Bear as he was here first.  Well goodness what in the world can you get that will pretty well guarantee you that it won't dominate a dog that weighs all of 8 LBS? Apparently a  Biewer Yorkie (pronounced Bee-vair, beaver,  after all we are Canucks eh?)....


Lola

Rather a sweet little beauty she is too.( For a quarter of a dog.) But the NAME, dang the NAME is making me insane in the membrane. Somehow letting the children name the first puppy has now morphed into a "tradition" that I would be the cruelest of beastly Mammas to change, so  name her they did. 

Her Name is Lola, she is a show dog...Ouch I just knew that was going to happen, it happened once and now that Barry Manilow tune will not go away, every frickin time I call that DANG DOG I hear that DANG SONG rolling into my head, it is sick I tell ya, a sick twisted thing. I curse the day that Barry was born by now.  At first I thought, Meh how long can that go on? It has been months and no end in sight, but now thanks to the sympathetic Cattleman, I now have an additional tune added to the play list. LALALALOLA. Thanks for the kinks baby, I will get ya back, ya know that don't you?

But in the mean time, to save my sanity, I will desperately try to NOT think of those songs ever again, I will not think of pink polka dotted elephants that bounce thru my brain thank you very much....... I will not.

2 comments:

KGould said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hC32WwfKw&feature=player_embedded

The Grey Lady said...

OMG! DAMN you Kez!

I am surrounded by evil. You'll never win.

I had actually forgotten all about that one, but I do know that musical. Here let me fixy your linky so others, who just may google golden showers or Madame enema and happen upon this, might know the reason for my pain.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hC32WwfKw&feature

What ever Lola wants, Lola gets. Ain't it the truth. I am doomed....:)