Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Maple Muffins recipe to mollify me......

Children, This recipe is for Joel.

The kiddos were a tad upset that I forgot to add this recipe in the box,  so here goes.


My kids favorite maple muffin recipe is as follows:

Grey's heavenly Maple syrup Muffins.
Ingredients:

1/4 cup of margarine (or butter)

1/2 cup of sugar

1 teaspoon of salt

1 1/4 cups flour

2 teaspoons of baking powder

3/4 cups of rolled oats

1/2 cup of milk

1/2 cup of maple syrup.(yes I have even used the pancake syrup and folks still manage to eat them.)

Glaze (optional)
1 tablespoon butter

1/2 cup of icing sugar

1 tablespoon of maple syrup

Directions:

Soften the Margarine and blend in the sugar and salt.

Add dry ingredients and blend in with a pastry cutter or cut them in with a knife/fork, until crumbly.

Mix in the oats.

blend milk and maple syrup together and pour over your other mixed ingredients, stirring only to moisten.

Put in muffin tins or muffin papers in muffin tins about 3/4 full.

Pop into a preheated oven (350 F) for about 20 minutes.

Now these muffins are tasty enough but sometimes when I'm in a really good mood or need a really good sugar fix I add/spread the Glaze on top when the baked muffins are already slightly cooled. Both ways are delicious. 

Enjoy!



4 comments:

Don said...

Loved the muffins. I just finished reading the whole blog; I found it on TUAK. Really good stuff, thank you. Please add me to the list of faithful readers. That would be number 3 1/2, right?

The Grey Lady said...

Well welcome to my humble Blog Don!

You are the first person to read my blog from top to bottom, I kinda wish I had a prize for such a feat. :O)

And yes that would make you 3 and 1/2.

Joel said...

Thanks, GL. Got your care package (including the syrup) night before last. I will definitely try this in the Lair's new oven.

J

The Grey Lady said...

You are very welcome Joel, I hope you enjoy them as much as my children do. :O)