Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thank You Haggen-Dazs!!!!!!

About a year a go a wrote a post lamenting the discontinuation of my Favorite Haggen-Dazs flavour. Twas my favorite treat and I was most disapponited when I could no longer find it anywhere.

In,  a fit of pique,  a rare moment of health related clarity I decide not to replace my addiction, favorite treat with some other flavoured Ice cream.

Now I am not one to use a scale, I have issues with folk`s issues with weight. You are pretty much what you are and I do NOT need a scale to validate me, nor did I want my girls relying on a F#%ing mechanical scale to let them know if they are a healthy weight or not. Folks know if they are too heavy or way to skinny, numbers really have no place in my life. (Funny I have a degree in accounting....wonder what that says about that.....)


However,  and you knew there was gonna be a however or but right,,, Ya knew it right????? I did manage to be weighed for my early physical and I dropped about 8 lbs. Now 8 lbs may not be much, but I am not much, I'm all of 5 foot tall and it seems when you are 5 foot nothing plus a smidgen  8lbs makes a bit of a difference. A difference that I noticed over the summer where my clothes were getting waaay to loose ( had to go out and buy a belt) waaay to baggy and finally (when I was giving those baggy assed skater boys competition in the falling down pants when I move quick department) I gave in and bought a few new things. Shockingly I went down two whole jeans sizes.



Seemingly this is all from no longer eating my favorite chocolate treat. Wow! Who would have thunk it possible that one small adjustment could make such a difference over a years time. Yes I KNOW they say it does, I've heard it tons of times,  just like you have, but I have never had it demonstrated so graphically before.

So thank you Haggen-Dazs. Thank you very much!!!!

And just how does one go about silently celebrating such minor breakthrough in thought. Well of course one goes out and buys their second favorite flavour of HAGGEN-DAZS. What else would any sane person do?

Grab your second favorite Haggen-Dazs flavour and remove top.

Place in microwave and nuke for 46 seconds. Why 46 seconds? Because that my favorite amount of time to nuke ice cream, work with me here.

Take a teaspoon and swoop around the inside of the top of the ice cream container. Eat, repeat until you have made a sizable moat. Saver the flavour.

Now proceed to fridge and remove Smuckers Chocolate sauce and it's best friend Smuckers Caramel sauce. Fill moat with chocolate sauce, pour caramel sauce onto the top and fill divot made from moat filled chocolate sauce.

Reinsert spoon and saver da flavour again. In fact saver the flavour as if it is the last time you are  gonna do this....because it is the last time and I mean it, I am ever gonna do that.

Really it is......I promise myself.

5 comments:

MONSTER said...

I don`t have a taste for chocolate till it turns cold. Some people up in Fort Mac gage what sort of a winter it will be on the date and time that I scarf down my first Areo bar. I go hot and heavy on the brown stuff till break up then won`t have a thought for it till winter comes around again. Glad to hear that you got your indulgence recipes down pat. I allways have respect for an expert in a craft, trade, endevor or vocation. :)

The Grey Lady said...

Good morning MONSTER!

Well howdy to you too...glad to see you are still breathing and fit to appreciate my chocolate expertise...You take care now ya hear?

MONSTER said...

Still breathing and taking care. Wish I had time for more writing. I do post on facebook (The Lady got me started on that, I thought it was just a chick thing)about the goings on in the oil patch. I`m Laurie Johnson. Or find me at laurie.johnson@shaw.ca.Darn it`s getting colder tonight and I`m getting a peanut butter cup jones.

The Grey Lady said...

Friend request made, I'm the one with the angel avatar...what else would my avatar be....

MONSTER said...

Hmm, an angel imagine that. Has not come through yet GL.