Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm ready for my close up now.........

The Cattleman and I woke up ( at 6:23 ) to "Little One" singing away.

Little One: I'm seven, I'm seven, I'm a new seven today. It's my birthday and I'm seven..yah yah yah yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Cattleman: "Little" could ya pipe down, it's still dark out.

Grey (that would be Moi): Did she just say it's her Birthday?

Cattleman: Yes she did.

Grey (me again): But it is her Birthday...

A little  background here, last year "Little One" refused to be 6, refused to have a 6th Birthday party because she was NOT going to be 6 years old. 6 sucks apparently. Why? Just because she loved to be 5, 5 years old is the bestest thing ever and she wasn't interested in being 6 years old for anything. As a matter of fact she didn't decide she was ready to be a whopping 6 years old until August and then we held a Birthday party where we summer the weekend before September. Must really not be fond of being 6 at all, gotta have been the shortest career of being a 6 year old on record I figure.

We hear skipping down the hall..

Little One: It's my Birthday Mommy and Daddy.

Cattleman: Yes it is..

Little One: There's gonna be cake and ice cream and Pizza and I am SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEN today!

Grey (me): You betcha....

Little One: The Tooth Fairy is coming tonight too

Insert visual of astonished blinky eyed parental units here....

Cattleman: She is?

Little One: Yup every seven year old lets the Tooth Fairy come in their room silly, she brings money to buy candy and stuff.

Cattleman: Ummm yes she does, now off to your room until it's SEVEEEEEEN O.K.? Be quiet and let everyone else get some more sleep.

Little One: O.k. (skipping back down to her room) I'm seven, it's my Birthday and I'm seveeeeen..

Grey jumping out of bed in a panic: OMG, get up now....... we have a problem.

Cattleman: Problem?

Grey: I can't remember where I put the damn teeth.

No comments: