Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Clunky shoes required stat!

About Senor Super Sperm, pondering that young one has really gotten me wondering if I am indeedy as crazy as some "might" think.

On one hand he is EXACTLY the kind of person you would open your homestead to in case of SHTF.

He has mad skills in the survival area, outdoors man to the nth degree, professional kayaker (not sure where that would come in handy but it is an accomplishment/asset if rapids ever attack us. :O), excellent fisherman, trapper, can McGyver anything into a useful item, has extensive medical training which he occasionally teaches to others for real money, young, strong, loves to work hard, could chop wood for hours and not break a sweat, and would be thrilled to eat bugs a la what ever, can build a fire in a driving rain, has mad wild crafting skills, can cook anything and make it edible, can handle a knife like nobody else, He even seems to be upbeat and  always able to see the bright side and possibilities of every situation. In short just the kind of all around useful great guy that would be an asset......I secretly really like and admire him.....

But, and you know there was going to be a but, as a mate for my daughter and father to my soon to be born grand daughter? He's a flake,  a lackadaisical ne'er  do well that doesn't seem to be taking this situation seriously enough, a airy fairy dreamer with no concrete road how to get to his dream, an unnecessary risk taker, the guy has no roots, money means zip to him except what he needs right now, not a planner....

Sometimes when I walk by him I have the urge to Mamma him by  slapping him upside the head and telling him to smarten up already, you have responsibilities now for crying out loud...so far I have resisted this urge....I think I still secretly like him ....if only he wasn't attached to one of my children he'd be a perfect  for them.

I never said I would always make sense...did I?

2 comments:

KGould said...

lol I think I know what you mean.. perhaps if he was your son instead of your son-in-law and father-to-be, you could look on the brighter side of life ;) But instead you are just wanting the best family for your daughter and her baby (congrats on baby news), and while this guy could replace Bear or SurvivorMan, you want to know what he will be like right here at home, with your daughter and her child in his arms. Maybe the birth of his daughter will snap him back to the present, but you just dont know until it happens. Sometimes a magical force seems to turn the tide when a little girl grabs her father's finger, but sometimes it doesnt and there is no way to know right now what he will be like. You can hope that his survival skills will help him be able to survive parenthood at least ;)

The Grey Lady said...

I think you might be right. If this young man was a good friend of one of my sons? I would love him to bits no question.

I had the rudest thought today while going about my business: Of course she loves this guy, he is very much like her father, not in the exact skill set, but there are so many similarities between him and the Cattleman, especially before he allowed himself to be tamed.

It's a puzzlement really how that happened.