Friday, September 17, 2010

Same manure

New name for the shovel:




The White House wants the public to start using the term "global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" -- fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.
Global warming didn't pull the wool, so they changed it to Climate change to dazzle us with BS, which has in turn lost it's ability to pull the wool..... so the answer is??

Change the name to "Global Climate Disruption",

Yeah that will do er. Much scarier.

H/T SDA

3 comments:

KGould said...

They are covering their butts because while some regions are experiencing record highs, others are experiencing much lower than avg temps (like snow in Africa and Mexico within the past few years), and they change the name yet again to cover THAT, not the whole 'scaryness' (in my opinion). Global Warming was a scary name for me when I was younger, I pictured my future children or grandchildren walking around outside with 500 level sunblock, wearing crazy full-body suits and not able to stay outside more than 10 mins at a time (based on the fear stories we were shown on the news in the 80s and 90s)... Climate Disruption does not scare me to that level at all. It makes me think of weird weather from time to time, but that's about it.

I wonder what name will be next?

The Grey Lady said...

The next name? I read that they had a contest over at SDA and the winner was:

Irritable climate syndrome. Heh...

KGould said...

LOL Paranoid Meteorological Syndrome perhaps?