Monday, April 26, 2010

Plan B it is then.

I'll cut to the chase, I was recently diagnosed with MS, a relapsing remitting form of MS that I am working very hard to get into some sort of  remission.

This is a real pisser to be sure, as we had plans, very ambitious plans of striving for self reliance, not necessarily off grid, but able to take care of our selves no matter what the world does to it's self. We have been working very hard to get out of debt, actually we have decreased our debt load by about 100g's in the last two years. That will NOT be a waste regardless of what ever we chose to do.

We have been spending lots of our "free" time looking at differing areas to buy and set up our sweet homestead, that is definitely on hold or if the Cattleman has his way will NOT happen now. I can totally understand his objections, he does not want me to over do it, he wants to keep me in the fine prime condition he is used to and he certainly does not want to be handling all that responsibility, in addition to our current commitments should I become incapacitated.  He wants to stay close to civilization, closer to his work just in case...I get it, I just do not want to give up that particular dream. Reality sucks some times, no?

Plan B it is then. Just what is plan B? Make do with our approx a half acre edge of a village lot. Grow what we can, drop the farm animal idea, make contacts for proper meat sources, maybe raw milk if we are lucky to find a brave farmer, make it work with in our reality as it stands today.  Now to find out what I can do to get this city to change some by-laws, I may not be able to have a goat here, but surely I can get chickens approved? Right?  Maybe I will start with an easy one like getting rid of that "no cloths line" by law. I'm thinking I just may go bat shit  crazy and put one up with out seeking permission of my masters. I'll just see if some dumb ass tries to make me take it down. Just try it dumb ass I'm dying to put this pissed offedness to good use, come and get me coppers, come and get me.......

No comments: