Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baby it's cold outside

I took the kiddos to the local outdoor rink today.....


Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now I don't like the cold much and standing or slipping around in a minus 23 wind is not my idea of fun. However I had visions of tired, happy kiddos sleeping soundly tonight dancing in my head, damned if I was going to be the one to call it a day.  I am Mama, hear me roar, I can take it, I've given birth for crying out loud what's a wee arctic freeze breeze compared to that?.

Heh they dropped like flies,

One of the kiddos: Mom, is there going to be hot chocolate when we get back.

Grey ( That would be me): Sure is

Kiddo :I'm getting cold.

Another Kiddo: I'm getting tired of falling down and I gotta pee.

Grey ( with relief and happiness seeping into my frozen regions) : Does that mean we all agree to cut this short and go home. Kinda a shame to leave already......

Kiddo: Mom I think my socks are the only thing keeping my toes on my feet.

Grey  (again me, doing a mental jig at how easy I am getting let off on this polar experience): Well then that settles it, we can't have parts falling off.  Hot chocolate and muffins for  everyone!.





2 comments:

WolfSong said...

It *is* always best when the Kiddos think it's their idea to stop. ;)
That would make a great battle cry..."Hot chocolate and muffins for everyone!!"

The Grey Lady said...

ya gotta let them think they are in charge of some things right?

Yeah William Wallace has nothing on me. :)