Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'd rather be there.....

Woke up this morning to a gorgeous day, warm, bright, hovering right close to zero, positively tropical I tell ya. Makes one feel down right giddy. But look out the window at lunch making time and what assaults me senses? In two hours the temperature dropped to MINUS 9 and the windchill of MINUS 20, roads white out conditions. Sheesh there are many things that I love about my home, but the winter? forget about it.


Photobucket

I'd rather be here, my summer place, the place I run to in May and come back in September:



Photobucket



Photobucket

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but it is my cliche and I love it's simplicity.

2 comments:

KGould said...

We had beautiful frost on the trees the other morning, it was gorgeous. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have because I had to put on longjohns just to walk my daughter 2 blocks to school lol. BRRRRR. -19C this morning, warmest morning all week!

I can't wait for summer :)

The Grey Lady said...

I hear ya!


There is something so freeing about the onset of summer, love to hear all my kids running around shouting in glee outside. Long hikes in the forest, lazy days at the beach, lazy evenings at the beach or at the very least outdoors, slapping together a lunch or dinner so the family can get back to the....beach. Campfires at night. Almost never hear a single fight or complaint from anyone. Who great is that?

My favorite time is around 8 at night knowing my family is "good" exhausted, full tummies, will sleep well and off to another carefree day of childhood. Best thing in the world, me relaxed and glowing and the kids asleep and happy! That is the rhythm of my summers, true bliss.Life doesn't get any better then that.