Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Woman of a certain age....

It's official and it some how is a complete surprise. Go figure.

Went to the Doctor for my first "annual physical" in about five years. I don't do Doctors so well. I think they are in business so I don't want to see them unless I have serious business to take care of. I only go if I have a real health problem or see something coming.

I recently got in touch with the family of my Biological father, I will do a post on that one day I have sisters! :O) Seems my sperm donor died at a relatively young age of some sort of cancer that stays heavy in the family line. So I guessed it was time to talk to my doc and see what this "might" mean for me and my kiddos. Nothing much but it will be noted and an "eye" will be kept out for it.

While I am at the Doctors we do the whole physical thing, stirrups and all. Everything is where it should be and I am healthy as a human can possibly be. While the Doctor probes, pushes , scrapes and what not she asks how I am adjusting to Menopause.

Insert Visual of Blinky eyed Grey right about here.

MENOPAUSE??????? Wthell???????

Doc: Well when was your last cycle?

Grey: Not sure let me think...December........2011.

I reallllly don't keep track any more obviously as this was somewhat of a surprise to me. I have never been one of those women obsessed with their cycle and kept notes on every drip, bump in the road or any of that nonsense. Obliviousness be mine name....

Doc: Yup Menopause....

Grey: I guess I am fine with it then as I hardly noticed, except the occasional power surge that I noticed plenty.

Doc: I guess you are, but let me know if you have issues......

I can feel this is not going to be one of those traumatic, reassess your life, woe is me experiences.



8 comments:

The Grey Lady said...

I have been told that leaving a comment is not easy. So this is a test

The Grey Lady said...

Pas de -sweat for me....

Anonymous said...

umm seems to work ok for me.....hmmmmmm

The grey lady who is testing some more

Anonymous said...

trying to prove i am not a robot

grey

The Grey Lady said...

Again not a robot,

Grey

Anonymous said...

Not gonna comment on your post. Not gonna go there at all....MONSTER

MONSTER said...

I think it works now.

The Grey Lady said...

Glad to hear it's all working now Monster.

And no I don't expect you would comment on the contents of this particular post. But, just as men are required to bend over and cough occasionally, these things are all a part of the wonder adventures of life. :O)