Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Things that kinda concern me

or even more feeble tips for fellow strugglers.

There is a full fledged fire in my oven and it still has 2 and 3/4 hours left to go before the self cleaning cycle is over and I can open the door.

Cattleman says not to worry as these ovens are built to take the heat pas de sweat......

Ooooooo Kaaay, but just in case I will bring in the extra fire extinguishers to the kitchen, not that it will help much,  the dang dong oven door will not open for anything for another 2 hours and slightly less then 3/4 hours. But I'll guard it just in case....


2 comments:

Don said...

GL,
I just returned from vacation and am catching up with the blogs.
As I sat here eating my Spam sandwich (yes, really) I decided to reassure you about flames in a self-cleaning oven.

No, the oven won't be harmed by the fire. No, it won't burn the kitchen down. If you must open the door, unplug the oven (or turn off the breaker) and wait for it to cool. Plug the oven back in and you should be able to open the door.
Number 3 1/2

The Grey Lady said...

Good morning Don,

My kitchen made it through the oven fire just as others suspected it might. Today I plan on using it to bake something to make sure the elements work as they should.

A Spam sandwich? I haven't had one of those since I was about 4 or 5. My Grandfather used to love spam. He said it was the highlight of his week while in the trenches (WW2) One can a week. When he passed on the spam sort of stopped and I got out of the habit.