Monday, July 5, 2010

A new one on me.

A conversation around the camp yesterday:

Laddy: I'm going back swimming as soon as supper is done, it's hot.

TGL (moi): Sure as long as X (a older swimming buddy) can go with you or you gotta wait until I can come down with the others.

Laddy: Awwww Muuuuuuuum...... (pause in conversation)

Laddy: Diego is only eight and he gets to go around the rain forest, ride cars, boats, save animals alllll by himself.......

Little one (ever her adored brothers allies): Yeah and Dora is like 6 and she goes everywhere with only a monkey no Mommy and Daddy...

Blink, blink goes I. A pause where I assimilate the fact that my little critters are attempting to use fictitious characters to strengthen their position.  Two can play that game.

TGL (moi again): Tell ya what. When you have  a camera crew following your every move you can go by yourself, OK?

Laddy: Muuuum there are no camera men for CARTOONS, they are drawerings, not real.

TGL (Moi yet again): Glad to hear it, who wants ice cream for dessert?

No comments: